DerrickLau

Problems with Windows 10

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Has anyone tried to install Windows 10 on their Raspberry Pi 400? What happened when you tried:

Casting from Google Chrome on your Raspberry Pi 400 to a Google Chromecast? Did it work?

Installing and running MS Office?

Installing and running Zoom?

Also, does Zoom work on the regular Raspberry Pi OS if you install the linux version?

Does Google Chrome cast to Chromecast if you install the linux version on the regular Raspberry Pi OS?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Problems with Windows 10

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 am

There is no official Windows 10 for the Pi 400 (or other Pi's).
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Application's Team.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 am

DerrickLau wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:26 pm
Has anyone tried to install Windows 10 on their Raspberry Pi 400? What happened when you tried:

Casting from Google Chrome on your Raspberry Pi 400 to a Google Chromecast? Did it work?

Installing and running MS Office?

Installing and running Zoom?

Also, does Zoom work on the regular Raspberry Pi OS if you install the linux version?

Does Google Chrome cast to Chromecast if you install the linux version on the regular Raspberry Pi OS?

Google do not provide Google Chrome Browser for Debian / Arch Linux based ARMHF / ARM64 Operating Systems.

Microsoft do not provide MS Office for Debian / Arch Linux based ARMHF / ARM64 Operating Systems.

The Raspberry Pi all models can run RiscOS as well as various supported Linux / Unix Operating Systems.

Regards Zoom, please see the Blog:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/workin ... spberry-pi
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines: ChromeBox
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966393971.html
& Stone Desktop Intel CoreDuo circa 2010

Rudolf

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am

You can get the current Windows10ARM to barely work on basic functions on a RaspberryPi, so I guess the question is a bit pre-mature. Just wait until Microsoft officially releases the public ARM version, if this ever enters light of day.

thagrol

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 am

Rudolf wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am
You can get the current Windows10ARM to barely work on basic functions on a RaspberryPi, so I guess the question is a bit pre-mature. Just wait until Microsoft officially releases the public ARM version, if this ever enters light of day.
AFAIK not in any legal or supported way. And even then don't expect the average windows application to run they'll have been complied for x86 not arm.

If you need a usable windows 10, you need an x86 box.
I'm a volunteer. Take me for granted or abuse my support and I will walk away

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.
Need help? https://github.com/thagrol/Guides

Geek3579

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 am

Yes, if you want to run a Windows .exe program under Wine running under Box86, it may or may not work. I have not tried Microsoft office in this situation, as LibreOffice has everything I need and runs superbly on my Pi 4 4GB device.

BTW, Box86 is easily implemented in TwisterOs, as it is part of the Pi-Apps suite of programs. In this context I have run a few Windows (32 bit) programs sucessfully.

Return to “Raspberry Pi 400”